EK Model 5 Bowie | John EK Commando Knife Co. | KA-BAR®
Blade Stamp: KA-BAR/Ek Commando Knife Co.
John Ek Commando Knife Co.
KA-BAR's third introduction into the John Ek Commando Knife Co. product line is the highly anticipated Model 5. This updated version of the occupational fighting knife with hilt is made from 1095 Cro-Van and features a parkerized bowie blade. Made in the USA.
Glass Filled Nylon Handle
The Black handle on the EK Model 5 Bowie is made from textured glass filled nylon handles and features traditional X-head fasteners.
1095 Cro-Van Steel Blade
The Fixed Blade on the EK Model 5 Bowie of KA-BAR® is made from 1095 CRO-VAN Steel and features a Flat grind. 1095 CRO-VAN steel is an easy to sharpen, plain carbon steel used in knife making. Proven to be one of the most popular steels used in KA-BAR Knives. With a Rockwell hardness rating of 56-58, this bowie shaped blade is 6.875 inches long and is stamped with KA-BAR/Ek Commando Knife Co.
Black Celcon Sheath
Included with the EK Model 5 is a A US-made Celcon® sheath with retaining strap, self-locking function and multiple tie-down points is also included.
- Overall length 32.9 cm (12.938 in.)
- Blade length 17.5 cm (6.875 in.)
- The blade is a Sharpened Drop Point
- This Fixed Blade knife features a 20 degree edge angle
- Flat grind blade with KA-BAR/Ek Commando Knife Co. stamped on it
- Black Glass filled nylon handle
- Comes complete with a EK45S - Black Celcon sheath
- Made in USA